No Website or Bad Website Design? That’s a Problem.
Current purchasers of products and services start with the web search first and base their buying decisions on their online experience. In their eyes – no website – your company or products don’t exist. Even worse, you have a website, but it performs poorly or is out of date and the potential customer moves on to any other site that provides a better user experience. The downside is your products or services may be superior to your competition, but that key component of online communications fails when it comes to your website.
Build Your Site With An Online Solution
There are solutions. You can create a site with many of the online services that exist. These sites offer basic web development that is “point and click” and quickly and inexpensively allow you to launch your site. The downside is differentiating the site over your competition. Usually there are other costs within these services to make that differentiation and the costs continue to climb with each addition.
Make Your Website Standout
There are numerous methods to ensure a website stands out among others in a Google search. Page placement, page layout, keyword research, picture and video management are but a few key elements where a professional web designer ensures an optimum web experience. When considering costs, a holistic approach should be considered including design, performance, appeal, content reach, longevity, security and much more. This is where the professional web designer excels.
Website Development Checklist
Development is just one element in maintaining a well managed site. We’ve created this short list of items as you consider creating or updating your business website.
- Web server software is up to date.
- Site plugins and add-ons are up to date.
- Maintain a recurring site back-up schedule and maintain copies in a secured environment.
- Remove old files, pictures and databases to minimize site size and performance.
- Maintain a robust security software suite with instant notifications of security anomalies.
- Protect site against brute force attacks.
- Manage users and security roles.
- Remove spam from blog sites.
- Track performance.
- Ensure content meets current Search Engine Optimization rules.
- Develop meta descriptions for blog posts and pages.
- Review referral traffic and inbound links.
- Audit site for mobile-responsiveness and usage.
- Develop a site analytics schedule and optimize site based on finding.
- Manage pictures to meet web standards and page performance.
- Delete out of date web pages.
- Create easy to use forms for lead generation.
- Provide feedback to update portfolios and customer testimonials.
About Macon Web Designs
Macon Web Designs is more than a website design and digital marketing firm. We focus on the needs of the small business striving to make web designs and digital marketing solutions that are engaging making your company, product and service unique. Visit our Web Design portfolios showing a sample of recent projects.
Consider Macon Web Designs for you website or digital marketing needs. Contact us below to learn more about our services.
Look No Further. Get Started Today
Call (478) 719-7387